The Human Causes of Climate Change
This resource focuses on the the greenhouse effect and five human causes of global warming.
- A look at the greenhouse effect at a range of scales.
- The macro scale factors that are increasing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- A consideration of what/who is to blame and how these sectors may change in the future.
- Knowledge Organiser
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key directly on slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
Please see the thumbnails for a closer look
•A word document worksheet that includes two activities to consolidate the concept of the greenhouse effect, a reading exercise to identify the human causes of climate change, a decision making exercise on the extent that humans are to blame.
•The word document is 3 pages. The word document in provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers,
•The PowerPoint is 11 slides