This resource focuses on the the long and short term history of climate change and global warming.
- A look at ancient climate change throughout the Cenozoic Period.
- How scientists accurately measure ancient climate change.
- Climate change in the Holocene. Global warming since the Industrial Revolution.
- Geographical skills of describing graphs and timelines.
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key directly on slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
- Knowledge Organiser
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
•A word document worksheet that includes a timeline of climate change during the Cenozoic Period, how scientist know about ancient climate change, a graph showing modern global warming
•The word document is 3 pages. The word document in provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers,
•The PowerPoint is 10 slides