Mangrove Forest Ecosystems.
- A description of the characteristics of these unique ecosystems (location, flora, fauna, factors required for formation).
- An overview of why mangroves are important at a range of scales.
- A description of the factors that are resulting in the removal of mangroves.
- A bonus case study on mangroves in Malaysia and how they are managed.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to locate mangroves at a global scale, identify the key characteristics of mangroves, consider their importance, threats and management.
•The word document is 6 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 22 slides
How I use this resource :
* In class activity- I use this resource to efficiently and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Product Editing Information:
•You can edit all written passages. If you feel that the instruction or language is too simplistic or too complex then edit it to suit your learners.
• I have deliberately focused on key knowledge and processes. This means that you can add around this. You can control the learning objectives, you can add video clips, your own activities etc. Use the resource as a framework.
• I have found the resources easy to upload and convert to Google Slides and Google Docs
•You will not be able to edit the diagrams, pictures, or visuals included in this resource.