An overview of the characteristics of the layers of the Earth (Inner core, outer core, mantle, crust).
The major tectonic plates.
The distribution of earthquakes and volcanoes.
The theory of continental drift.
FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
THIS RESOURCE IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT A DISCOUNT ON THE GEOGRAPHY OASIS WEBSITE (CLICK THIS LINK)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in the notes section of each slide.
- Direct link to editable Google Slides and Google Doc. Students can work on the activities remotely.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to read graphs, describe distributions and complete structured reading activities.
•The word document is 8 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers.
•The PowerPoint is 25 slides.