Coastal Erosion and Management- This resource looks at why some coastlines erode faster than others, how soft and hard engineering can be used to protect the coast, a focus on the case study of Holderness, north-east England.
- The factors that influence the rate of coastal erosion.
- A description of a range of coastal management strategies including hard and soft engineering techniques.
- A consideration of the positive and negative impacts of these strategies.
- Coastal erosion and management on the Holderness Coast. A specific focus on the village of Mappleton.
- A link to an interactive quiz to recap.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
• A word document worksheet that includes a comparison of two coastlines, a comprehensive overview of hard and soft coastal management strategies, a focus on erosion and management of the Holderness coast.
•The word document is 9 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.