SAVE $$$ River Processes, Landforms and Floods BUNDLE- Focusing on the processes that shape rivers and their drainage basins (erosion, transportation, deposition), the landforms created in the upper, middle and lower course, the impact of river floods and their management.
This bundle focuses on Rivers and includes 7 sets of resources:
River Drainage Basins
River Processes: Erosion, Transportation and Deposition
The Long Profile of a River: Upper, Middle and Lower Course
River Landforms of the Upper Course
River Landforms of the Middle Course
River Landforms of the Lower Course
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organiser
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Are your students struggling to write precisely and accurately about Geographical systems, processes, characteristics, and places? This resource aims to develop the knowledge and key terminology required for students to understand and write about their world. It includes step-by-step descriptions that are supported by diagrams. Questions and activities help students to build and consolidate their learning. A PowerPoint answer key allows you to work through the examples with the students.
This resource focuses on river processes, landforms and management. It includes diagrams, images, activities and answers.
• 7 word document worksheets. The word documents are provided in colour and grayscale.
•The word documents worksheets total 24 pages.
•This worksheets are also provided as PDFs.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoints total 60+ slides.
ANSWER KEY provided directly on the slides or in the notes section.
How I use this resource :
* In class activity- I use this resource to quickly and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Product Editing Information:
•You can edit all written passages. If you feel that the instruction or language is too simplistic or too complex then edit it to suit your learners.
• I have deliberately focused on key knowledge and processes. This means that you can add around this. You can control the learning objectives, you can add video clips, your own activities etc. Use the resource as a framework.
• I have found the resources easy to upload and convert to Google Slides and Google Docs
•You will not be able to edit the diagrams, pictures, or visuals included in this resource.